Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wonderful Koi

wonderful koi
5.75 by 5.75 watercolor on masonite, by the way,this piece looks good either way.


Reading this morning made me realize how many people don’t read and how they’re missing this great past time. I don’t have to tell you if your a reader, you understand what I’m trying to say. For a few moments you can be transported to another place and see life thru another’s experiences and their eyes. You can speak with an accent, change your station in society or even live as a criminal. Unlike film or tv you’ll be experiencing the story thru the writer’s voice, the details are always wonderful and the very well chosen words and phrases used to describe his or her reality are unique to each individual. My mother never learned to read and loving books as I do, I’m sometimes sad to know this simple joy was not hers to have.

No comments: