Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Freezia

freezia 4.5 by 4.5

This is from an arrangement of flowers I found at the nurses station. After a patient leaves (if they don't take them home) their flowers are placed on a shelf usually there are three or four arrangements sitting up there each day. I borrowed a few sprigs or a vase of flowers to paint. Everyone knows I'm an artist. They find it interesting that I paint these things. They probably wonder why the small format since I've never told any of them I'm a daily painter. Along the window sill, on the TV and behind the bed the little art gems sit.. little daily paintings. Scrapes of paper with a small designs or flowers... Each one sitting there, proof that this man has someone who cares. Someone who likes to remind the world there is beauty outside these walls. Soon, one day we'll walk together and see the flowers growing again. So I keep painting and I keep leaving little flower paintings around his bed. Its like a garden of sorts. Tulips, sunflowers, roses, Daisey's and now a freezia.

No comments: