Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monet's tribute #2

monet's tribute2

8 by 8 acrylic on masonite

$50.00 www.dailypainters.com for pay pal link.
I love the blue and yellow in this piece.

Acrylic on Gessoed Masonite 8 by 8 $50.00
This is a new series I'm painting. Basically a pond and some Lilllie's. I may sneak in a Koi here and there. I will be incorporating my brighter palette ...so it will be a la Monet but the colors will be pure Shanti Marie. I hope you check in with me each day to see what I've painted, I rarely miss a day (Since August 2006) and if I do I have usually painted a painting but then didn't have time to post it. Often, falling asleep fully dressed, paint in my fingernails and at least one lab sleeping at my side. After a long day of work and scrambling to paint only to miss my posting deadline. Aghh! Its all worth it! I hope you enjoy my blog and thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

Arco Scheepen said...

Great! I like this one better than the previous one. The brighter colors (especially the blues) really work.
Cheers,
Arco

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I'm liking this new series, this one especially. It sings with peacefulness and satisfaction to me.

Thanks for posting your mentoree's painting, it is very evocative of her theme. Nice work for both of you!

Susan