Sunday, July 27, 2008

Little tulip little pitcher

pitcher

6.5 by 8.5 $75.00 This small painting is for sale for $75 dollars & Its ready to frame since its double matted.
This butterfly doily and milk pitcher is after Arlea Pech…. She taught me how to paint realistic still lifes. I love her work and will always enjoy seeing what she comes up with next. Of course, its not for me. I have learned to paint in this manner but I learned something even more important…it isn’t my style. When you first start to paint, you’re really hunting and searching for your own voice. you take classes from all types of instructors. Your learning their techniques and their approach. You’ll keep some of the techniques and you’ll also be throwing out some of it. From all of these great teachers you are learning to find your way toward your own style.
Over the years I have always loved exaggerated color, I ‘ve always been drawn to paintings with great contrast. This contrast may be in color, value or color temperature. I guess I like opposites! After painting hundreds of paintings, I think I ‘ve found my true voice. I like a more impressionistic style which allows me the freedom to change things and to paint loosely with a little more imagination. I love painting from my own mind’s eye. Allowing the painting to tell me what it needs and accepting assistance from my creative muse. Its isn’t what everyone does and that’s really OK. I also allow myself to

No comments: