Monday, December 24, 2007

The loner

The loner

6 by 6 Acrylic 30.0

This is an acrylic painting on Illustration board, I painted it several days ago but because I have so many paintings held back, I decided not to paint today and place this one up as today’s painting. Its always a bit bitter sweet for me on Christmas eve and I can be a bit melancholy as my mother passed away on Christmas Eve 1989. So here is a small painting of a tree standing tall and alone allowing the setting sun to shine on its leaves as it catches its last rays of warmth.

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Shanti,

I send blessings to you as you endure the anniversary of your mother's passing. This painting says it all, doesn't it? It has a very evocative feeling and is so well-done, yet so simple. It says a lot.

May your year of 2008 bring you joy and happiness....Susan