Saturday, April 14, 2007

Birds

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really rushed this painting today. I decided to stop here and if I want to paint the birds I can do it tomorrow, or ...leave them white. we'll see. I used the saturated wet technique and frabriano artistico paper. I don't think I like it. The paper I mean. You can wipe back to white real well but glazing is almost impossible. My first layer kept picking up. I always use Windsor Newton paper or Arches or even some of the other brands but recently I purchased some of this paper for my ACEOs. I was told this paper is very forgiving. No one mentioned the glazing problem. Now that I know it picks up the first layer, I just won't plan a painting with glazes.

This is 11 by 15 inches and is for sale for $100.00

P.S. I didn't win any awards in the "Spring into Art" show but I felt very good about being part of the show. All the work was really great and we were told 144 entries were entered and only 45 were selected.

No comments: