Monday, April 23, 2007

Memories in the mist

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This painting is 7.5 by 11 inches and was painted today. I was thinking about how beautiful the Pacific Northwest really is and how the mist rolls along over the lakes and rivers. I haven't been out west for a few years but I have a definite connection to that part of the country. This is for sale for $40.00 the photo could be a little better, I took it while the paint was still wet and you can see a shadow right down the middle where the paper rolled a bit. I don't tape down my paper usually and I just allow it to do whatever it does. When its dry, I will flatten out the painting by placing it under a ton of books.

1 comment:

ANDREW TAYLOR said...

Calming image.
Some Chinese influence about this one. Your are very versatile.