Monday, April 23, 2007

My Blue palette

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is my blue Palette, I wanted to show you some of the paints I use.

I have all of these paints on my blue palette all the time and will use the empty place in the middle for a color which I may only use for a particular painting. I like to have all of my blues, reds, and yellows, separated on different pallets. It seems to make sense to me when mixing and when working with the various colors. I sometimes change a color here and there depending upon what I'm painting, but I find these are the colors I feel I need to paint the variety of subjects which I paint. Many of my paintings only have three or four paints used but I like to have them all out and ready to go, I don't like to spend time squeezing color out of the tube. Especially for these daily paintings, its nice to step up to the painting table and be ready to go in only a minute or two.

The paints are from left to right Paynes Grey - Mimariblue brand(MB), Cyan-MB, Antwerp-Windsor Newton (WN), Ultramarine WN, Cobalt- Cheap Joes (CJ) Permenent Violet bluish- MB, Andrew Turquoise -CJ, Cerulean- Daniel Smith (DS), Sap green DS, Hooker's green DS or WN Windsor green (blue shade)WN
With these blues I can come up with pretty much anything I need. There are reflective colors such as Cobalt and opaques like Andrews Turquoise and of course transparents like Cyan. I can achieve dark darks or the lightest lights, All of these mix well and make wonderful combinations. If you have a question regarding any of these paints I would be glad to help you, as I know them prety well.

No comments: