Friday, June 06, 2008

Monet tribute in red
















7 by 10 acrylic on panel, plus  5.5 s & h

Colorful water painting


 This photo has a bit of glare on top it is actually red where it looks light at the top. Tomorrow when its  light out, I photograph it again.  Its 11 pm now and I just finished this painting, so I had to photograph it under lights. Of course...  this made a glare or reflective area.  I'm too tire to fix it and need to get a few more things done before I go to bed.   I hope you like this piece because after painting it tonight I thought of some other colors I would like to see how they work together. I think I'll paint another one with a different pallet. anyway... tomorrow is another day and as they say...so many paints, so little time. 

I have my life drawing session tomorrow very early so I'll be up at the crack of dawn.   Oh and I forgot to mention I bought some baby Koi.  I've had them for a few weeks but didn't want to post anything about them in case they didn't make it. Real confident huh? I've had lots of fish 
(including salt water) in the past but never Koi.  I want to post some pics of my little koi, their adorable, I know Koi can't be adorable but these guys really are cute.  Their pretty small but very active and have lots of personality.  I haven't named them yet, we're still in the salad days of our relationship.  We 'll see how it goes.  I had to put some ice in their water today ( the ice was in plastic bags)  it was nearly 93 degrees F.  The water was over 85 degrees F.  Koi can live in very hot water but I've been known to baby my pets.  
Check back with me and see the little guys. 

No comments: