Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Greta, a nude for today, a quick sketch from life

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting SOLD

I love having the opportunity to draw from life and do so for several hours per week. Most of my sketches are pretty fast... less than 20 minutes. This teaches me to see and grasp the big shapes quickly to block in the movement and not get bogged down with small details. Sometimes I go back in and touch up some of the details but as in this piece this is exactly as it was drawn.

If you would like to purchase this nude, it is for sale for $25.00 the size is 11 by 9.
shantmarie@aol.com ....email me

1 comment:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Shanti,

This sketch has an elegance that is missing in most sketches. I think it is very well done, I especially like the sheen to her skin that you achieved. Nice work.

Susan