Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lake Mist- a painting a day

lake mist

I painted a painting the other day and I wanted to develop it a little more. This is the same spot on the lake but changed a few tings and painted it on larger paper. Living near the lake its hard not to be influenced by the daily barrage of visual stimulus. I stand and stare out at certain areas of the lake trying to build a memory of colors, lines, shapes and of course values. When I get home I usually paint them a bit bolder and brighter but that's OK because that's how memory works isn't it. Also it's part of my style. This is a 15 by 22 and is painted like all of my work on artist grade paper with only the best paint. If your interested in buying this painting please go to shantmarie@aol.com. Without mat or frame it's $200.00 If it doesn't sell right away, it will be hung in a few weeks at a local coffee shop.

It snowed here today for the first time in a long time. Now I think a snow scene is in your future. Check back with me to see what I've painted.

I'm off to make some chili and have a cup of tea. Just be glad I don't paint food!

2 comments:

TOMAS said...

Dear Shant,
you wrote, I don't paint food, but is your lake not the food for our soul?
Thank you for the thought provoking watercolors.

Steppen Wolf said...

Great watercolor!!