Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Waiting for spring - a painting a day

pinky

The name of this painting says it all. I love the grays of winter, but like most artists, I love color. I have always loved spring. Since the colors of spring are always so bright or so they appear after the long winter months this painting reminds me of flower gardening and a early spring. flower gardening has always been one of my hobbies and the last few years I haven't gardened as much as I used too. So when I was trying to decide what to paint, I looked back at all the snow paintings and decided I would paint something colorful.

I painted these from my imagination as I do so many of my paintings, so don't ask what they are.... OK, if they must have a name.... their " shawntees".

I know, I know, kinda lacking in the name department, but I have never been very good at naming things.

No comments: