Wednesday, March 26, 2008

8 by 10 Watercolor on Gessoed Masonite " Koi pals"























I had a bit of a headache last night and even though I had plenty of paintings to post I forgot to post one.  I listened to my ipod and fell asleep.   
This is one of the Koi I painted last week. Its painted on heavily textured Masonite and it gives the painting a nice effect which looks like moving water.
This morning I went down to the boat ramp with my dogs and the wind was really blowing, I gingerly stepped along the Rip Rapp of rock along the water's edge, trying not to fall into the lake. while the dogs sniffed the rocks I looked out over the water and saw a small sail boat with a brighly colored sail. I'm not much of a sailor but I do enjoy seeing the boats on the water because they have such a great profile.

No comments: