Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A ballerina A Painting a day


I’d like to say that every painting turns out just as I planned. But this isn’t always the case. I struggled with this painting.

There is something that just didn’t make it from vision to paper. This doesn’t mean its not a good painting, it just means it turned out differently then planned. I am going to study this painting and see if there is something that needs adjustment. Usually after a day or so I can spot anything that needs correction.

Painting a painting every day doesn’t always give you the time to let a painting sit. Frequently a painting needs to sit aside and be brought out later. This times allows the artist, time to get a little distance from the piece, then do a little editing. Much like a copy editor before press time.






2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Did you ever figure out what didn't look right to you about this painting?

Shanti Marie said...

There isn't anything wrong with the proprotions or the actual drawing within the painting. It has more to do with the feel of the piece. I had wanted it to look asian but still be a ballerina. I had wanted the retangle shape to be the Juxaposed to the circle and also to use complimentary colors in the yellow orange and the blue all these things are opposites you see. I thought this would give it a feeling of push / pull and a certain dynamic. I'am not sure it does that. shant