Sunday, October 29, 2006


It rained for about 14 hours here on Friday and then the sun came out yesterday. It was a cool breezy day, but just warm enough to get me outside to rake leaves and clean up the yard. Some of the tall canna lillies and the banana trees were burned by a recent frost, so I cut them down and stacked the large leaves in a pile. I thought of Hawaii and how they roast pigs in those leaves.

We still have lots of color in the landscape but the gray rainey day and the rust of the fall colors gave me more of an impression of winter. There I was walking the dogs near the end of the day, with the sun just starting to go down and the temperature dropping. I looked up at a rather desolate scene of trees and scrub. The lake was still except a light breeze to break up the reflective water.

This painting is for sale for $100.00 US dollars and you must email me at shantmarie@aol.com if interested. It is a half sheet of watercolor paper which is 15 by 22 inches.

3 comments:

Dean H. said...

You're lucky to be living near a lake...beautiful scenery. Good job!

Shanti Marie said...

thank you! I am lucky. I don't do the lake Justice, Its beauty is overwhelming and constantly changing.

Marion said...

A beautiful rendering...you can hear the quiet.