Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Orchid Mirage - ACEO - A painting a day

floral 10

SOLD
In case someone doesn’t know what ACEO means, it stands for Artist Collectors Edition or Original. Basically its a trading card, the size of these little paintings is always, 2.5″ by 3.5″ and they are like baseball cards except they are collected by art collectors the world over. Many I have seen are done in sharpies or Chartpak pens but as I do them in watercolor on the highest grade paper and professional paints they usually costs a bit more then the 99 cents to $3.50 you see on e- bay. Of course they don’t go for a lot more. I paint them because I love to think of these little guys out there in a collection with other little cards. I sign and paint the backs of the cards and name each. I’m trying to figure out what to call this one. Maybe you can help. Suggest something. I think of Orchids or an everglade type of flower because of its colors hence Orchid Mirage. I didn’t use reference since its totally from my imagination.

1 comment:

Gypsy@Work said...

Shant,
Nice blog.
Intrstd in link xchange with you.
If u r intrstd, pls do comment/mail so that i can link to ur blog at www.hillstationsinindia.blogspot.com

Thanks
Sridhar
-TS