Friday, August 25, 2006



This little painting measures 6 by 9. It also has a companion piece and since I have a figure drawing session for half a day on Sat. I'll post it for tomorrow's painting. They were done quickly and in a wet in wet style. I am calling this one mid morning air. I often have a problem naming my paintings and this was true with this piece. I sometimes ask other people to give me some ideas of painting names but unfortunately their names are usually worse then the ones I came up with. For instance, I did this series of Koi fish and couldn't come up with any titles for the pieces. Yeah I could have called them Koi one, two, three etc and actually did this until I had painted seven or eight. Finally, I asked my husband Art to help me out. Always the funny guy, he named then names like koincidence, koillideiscope, Koinundrum, and several other similar names, I can't remember right now but you get the idea. Now, if you have any great ideas and think you have a better name for one of my paintings please share, I would love to hear them. Most of my painting names are not exactly right, but just good enough. I don't think people realize how difficult it is to put a name on something every day.

2 comments:

Diane Overcash said...

Shanti,
I really enjoyed the site. Love the pears. I'll check back often.
Yea art,
Diane Overcash

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with "Koincidence" and "Koinundrum"?
Just kidding... Your husband's suggestion made me laugh.
I saw some of the Koi pieces on your other web site and loved particularly "Koi Magic". I also loved "Amy Resting"... Wow... So beautiful...

Thank you for sending me here. I LOVE watercolors, and enjoyed reading the few posts you've published. I'll definitely add your blog to my daily rounds... A painting a day? Seriously? What a treat!