Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Tulip in pink.

I painted this little tulip as a study for a larger piece. In the larger piece I thought it would be sitting next to a pitcher or a vase. Now that I see it on its own, I've decided it can stand on its own.

Once again I cannot really give it a decent name. I can't tell you why I have this affliction. I just sit here and stare at the painting, waiting for it to tell me what it's name should be, but nothing comes to me.
I have decided to change the background when I do it again, more of a graded wash which might have more feeling. The dark blue is nice but a bit flat. This painting is only painted with four colors and maybe I should put some of the Burn't Sienna in the background too. It's always good to put some of the foreground and midground colors into the background.



1 comment:

tom said...

Exploring the buzz of this painting a day phenomenon,stumbled on your blog, haven't figured out if it is for me or not. Really liked your comments as you began your journey.