Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lake Wylie Fall

I did this painting last fall because I have been a little busy today. It was done in the wet and wet technique. I just love these colors!

I was joking when I said to my friends yesterday, " I hope the Hurricane doesn't get me". Boy I should have kept my mouth shut! Our entry way, studio and dining area was flooded last night. I had people come in and pull out all the carpeting in those rooms. Right now, we have fans and a Big dehumidifier taking all the water out of the air and floor boards. We will live like this for awhile until we are sure no more water is coming in. They predict more rain tonight.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm really sorry to hear about the flooding, it must be tough to deal with.

I really like the colors and blending in this painting, it's so soft and serene.

Pilan said...

Oh you too!!! I do not like these fans. They are not just fans, they are ENGINES and so dang noisey. I hope your wet problems have been solved. I still have at least 2 more days of this noise. Probably 2 weeks until we get the insurance and floors coverings replaced. Thanks for stopping by. :) We are the same age.