Thursday, August 24, 2006


While drinking very sweet coffee and putting off the eventual morning dog walk, I was thinking about these little paintings. Some artists call them miniatures but since most are 6 inches by 8 inches you cannot really call them miniature. There is someone on e bay selling paintings called "postage stamp paintings" they are two inches by two inches. Now that's a small painting. I think people trade them like baseball cards and the subjects are things like one cherry, or a gumdrop, things that could almost fit into that space. The cost is very low, I believe they are 99 cents( of course the shipping is $15.00). E- Bay keeps saying they're going to crack down on people that charge high fees for shipping only because they're losing out on fees. I use E-bay, now and again but I have never really painted these small paintings. I guess I'll have to figure these things out as I go. For these small paintings, I will have a "buy it now" price of $45.00 plus shipping. Depending upon where you live the cost for shipping an unframed, well wrapped piece of art paper shouldn't be very much.
You should email me and we can discuss the situation. Since putting up this blog only yesterday, I haven't had time to get this page really together. I need to figure out a way to put up a bidding thingy. If any of you have expertise in this area, I would really like to hear from you. I could use all the help I can get. Its hard being an artist/right brain thinker and having to switch over to the computer geek/left brain doer at times. In fact, sometimes I am just happy to get out of bed every morning and be able to turn on the computer much less build blogs or figure out my new digital camera. Speaking of camera, I had a Kodak, actually two, with the docking station, and believe me if you are a moron ( no offense to morons) this is a perfect camera for you. You just take the picture, which is very easy then just plug the camera into the docking station which is always hooked up to your computer its own software takes care of the rest.
Now I bought this new Fujifilm Finepic E550 (E-bay_$149.00) which is great, It does everything and can almost feed my cat for me. But several of my pics came out blurry so obviously I'm doing something wrong and all the pics came out huge, which I still need to straighten that out, then of course no software, so I had to get the thing to work with Bills gate's "Picture it" software, ( I recommend this to anyone, not just morons). Often I get mad at old Bill cause he is one smart cookie and always tries to keep his money coming in, I guess its to feed all those poor People in Africa, but sometimes I just want lots of choices. Ya know?

No comments: