Tuesday, January 02, 2007

BIG BIRD a painting a day

parrot

So many things to paint and so little time. I like trying to paint all kinds of things. Today I was in Bath and body works and the bottles intrigued me. I love the red glass bottles (most colored bottles really )and just like any good artist I tried to figure out how I would paint the glass and the reflections, I studied it for awhile and the sales girl came up and said they were on sale for $5.00 so I bought one. A bottle painting may be in my future. I mention this because That's exactly what happened with this parrot. I went into a pet store.... & here is a parrot painting. Now you know how easily I'm influenced. I studied the parrot but I ignored his perch, so I had to improvised with the greenery.

3 comments:

Ron Morrison said...

These are very well crafted, nicely-done!

Marion said...

I love those dark blues...very well done!

thank you, Shanti!

ANDREW TAYLOR said...

I like this, particularly the way the light is reflected on the leaves.
You are so prolific too.