Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Red Breasted Nuthatch- a painting a day

red breasted titmouse

"Red breasted nuthatch" is this little birds name. We get so many of these here in Lake Wylie that they can be a little annoying. You see that long beak? It can knock a hole in the side of your house faster then you can say "what a cute little bird". They are noisey little guys and especially in spring when they are looking for homes they go around knocking on the sides of all the wood buildings. Last year there was this... shall we say, "special" little nuthatch who kept trying to knock a hole into the rain gutter. I guess even in the bird kingdom not everyone can be a genius. These birds kind of chatter and makes these little noises too which can be very indearing when they aren't trying to distroy your home. This painting is for sale for $45.00 .USD

3 comments:

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Shanti! This is a sweet little painting! Sounds like you need a few birdhouses. Tell ya what if you send me the shipping cost I'll mail you one of my birdhouses and you can see if these guys will use it. Have a great day RW

Shanti Marie said...

Thank you Robin, I would love a bird house, maybe I could send you a companion piece to your sunflower painting?

TOMAS said...

Hi,
"Red breasted titmouse" is wonderful. He flies high, higher than my head, but examins what is hidden under our underfoot (in our heart).

Thank you for the picture. You are welcomed to my Candle Day blog
http://candleday.wordpress.com/