Monday, January 15, 2007

Wine painting a day

wine and candel
This piece is painted After Arleta Pech and is a copy of her work and her style. I learned her style of painting so that I could decide for myself if this was the type of painting that I wanted to do. I found after painting a number of her works and after taking a workshop ( she is a great teacher)with her, this style although beautiful, it does not bring me the joy of other types of painting. Of all the things to paint, still life painting was the very last area I worked in, I knew I had little interest in painting food and such but I also knew I should be proficient at all types of painting and different subject matter, Its usually the opposite. People usually start painting by painting still life set ups, when I
had to do this for class I always chose flowers. This is because for me nature gives me that spark, the thrill a painter needs to paint. Live things inspire me, plants animals, people, the outdoors in general but that something, is missing when I paint inanimate objects. I think no less of others who paint these things, its just not for me. That being said, I’ll try to put up a still life every few weeks so that there is variety in my work and a selection for my collectors.
This painting is for sale, the size is 11 by 15 and sells for $100.00.

No comments: