Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Abstract 90

abstract 090

I forgot... I was going to put up the other collage I made yesterday and ended up painting two more other small paintings today. I guess in the next two days I will put up the second collage and the companion piece to this abstract. Bear with me folks it was a rough day.

If you like to know how to paint abstracts there are many ways to approach it.

For this painting...I first picked a palette, in this case, browns, yellows and orange for the warm colors to play against the cool of the blue. Usually I work somewhat in a grid pattern, keeping in mind the Elements of design and the basics of good composition while allowing my creativity some flexibity. Some I like and others I paint over with gesso and paint another painting over the failed abstract.

No comments: