Friday, November 23, 2007

DOGs DOGS DOGS

My friend and I planned a trip to see the dogs at our local rescue and take them some gifts, you know…blankets, tarps, bleach, medicines & all kinds of dog treats. We wanted to thank the folks there for taking care of so many wonderful pets.

Last year my friend’s dog was hit by a car and we were both pretty shook up about it. ( I think I wrote about it… check the archives for the story about Dixie ) A few weeks after the accident, she decided to rescue a dog and we went to our local dog rescue. These are some of the photos I took today.




These Cows are obviously not part of the dog rescue… On the drive out we saw these cows. They were just chewing their cud and I had to take a photo of them. This farm is just down the road from the dogie orphanage.






There were so many dogs, but I just posted a few of the photos of some of the REAL characters.

This white dog had a litter mate who was her twin but the sister was very shy. Just like real twins one introvert one extrovert. both were really sweet dogs. We brought them Cheweeze. They threw them in the air and played with them, I guess their not that hungry.






This little girl was really nice and very quiet but not shy in the least. A real lap dog I would assume.
















I think he was asking for a file for Christmas what do you think?


































I can’t remember this dog’s name but he was trying to get my attention the whole time I was talking with Buster.
























Buster was a super dog but he must have a few bad habits. I looked at his tags and he had seven which means he has moved a lot… He can’t be more than three or four years old. He was someones dog for at least three years but then he was put up for adoption, the tags were from five different cities so they either moved around a lot or he was placed several times or more….For some reason he’s now in this dogie orphanage. I hope next year when I go to visit, he won’t be here…& he will find a forever home..






















Last year…there were two beautiful rottweilers that I fell in love with, Big dogs but very quiet and kind…the caretaker said they were just adopted last month. To think they had to wait almost a year. Well I hope their happy.

No comments: