Sunday, November 25, 2007

my system




I thought I would show you how I line up the little ACEOs when painting in a color palette. This way I can be sure they actually will match. I get folks who want to frame them together or in groupings and want the small paintings to work as a cordinated piece. So I lay out all the cards on my painting table... usually six ACEO cards sometimes four. I paint them all at once. But since my style is to allow the paint to dictate to me what happens next I can get off track and the six paintings won't have the same colors. I actually have to remind myself not to change the color until I've used it on all the pieces. Its difficult to go back and to try to mix the exact color again once I've altered it. I think most of these sold on ebay last week.

No comments: