Thursday, November 29, 2007

"Koi hide and seek" an ACEO


$13.00 + 1.5 watercolor on paper 2.5 by 3.5

Today was one of those days…. I was so very busy and as luck would have it I also needed to get paintings packaged for shipment. This is a good thing but it’s time consuming, and the record keeping can be tedious. Being an artist is a business too and you have to have records for all your pieces …like where they’re stored or their location in galleries, flat files or in customer’s homes. You have to update these records and sometimes I have to go into town to pick up paintings that sold on the Internet that may be in a gallery. This can be sticky but I usually just substitute one painting for another.
In a perfect world I try to have one day a week to do prep work and organize things but lately, things have been hectic and I’ve let my organization slip a bit.

This little ACEO is one of the paintings I did a couple of days ago when I painted my Koi six pack.

Of course I painted today but I worked on a larger painting and will continue to work on it this week for an upcoming show. All artists have days where they have to do organizational chores or prep work. My studio was in a shambles, piles of mats sitting on top of art books, next to packing materials and a mountains of paintings waiting to be stored. On top of all this my cat was sleeping right in the middle of it all. Leave it to a cat to find a little hidey hole to sleep in in a huge mess.

My husband say I need an intern, like on Seinfeld when Kramer had that intern do his laundry and make appointments for his BS company Kramerica. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just do the art and someone else could do the prep work, and the packaging, and of course clean up the mess afterwards.

No comments: