Friday, September 01, 2006














This little painting was something I painted to help myself learn to paint reflections. I painted it from a real still life, I set up. Wow try to say that three times. Often, I use photographs, but if I can, I will use the actual objects. The Silk had these black stands or threads running thru it and I had to decide how to depict it or to leave it out. I left them out, the silk wasn't as important as getting the reflections right. The silk was a struggle and would have been a good study in itself. It had this shiny texture and that was difficult to capture. I chose to ignore the shine and just make it a red cloth. The silver pitcher presented some problems as well, but for the most part I work them out. I think the painting is a good little painting and I may one day incorporate this pitcher in a larger stilllife painting.

2 comments:

Frank said...

very nice work you do. I am really impressed. you sure have lots of talent. I wish I could use my hands to create such work.

you know you could use your blog to sell your art! :)

Take care!

5 minutes a day reading paid messages at TTM is enough to buy all the neighbor`s kids candies for next halloween and then some!

come see my blog!
http://addsenses.blogspot.com/

lupingirl said...

Hi Shanti
Thanks for your comment on my painting blog! Your work is really nice, you definitely have your own style. I wish I had patience for watercolors!