Friday, November 10, 2006

Baby Pumpkins - A painting a day

baby pumpkin


I was at the plant nursery and I was looking for something to paint, when I hear this small girl squeal out "BABY PUMPKINS"
I knew they would be on part of my next painting. They are rather cute. So small yet a perfect little pumpkin. This ornamental squash I chose because it seemed to fit.
You can buy this painting by emailing me or by going to my eBay store. The actual size is 11 by 7.5 inches. I cropped it a bit for the photo since the background is white paper you could crop it the way you need to fit into your frame. BID NOW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In what media did you paint this one, Shanti?

It looks more like pastels or color pencils than watercolor... Is it a watercolor??? I'd be very impressed... I see a lot of detail and thin strokes...

Anonymous said...

I'm a watercolor junkie. Its watercolor. Its painted on fabriano soft. This paper has a different texture and is very easy to lift. I started it with glazes. Then put in the shadows, then lifted the lights and lastly a few more glazes and it was done.

I think the actual painting is slightly brighter. The photo looks a little more earthy to me.

The shadows are orangelake and cobalt blue. Shanti