Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blue Sky - A painting a day


Postcard painting: 4 by 6 inches.
if you are intersted in buying, write to me at
$25.00 matted to fit in a five by seven frame.
For those of you who read my daily writings, I wanted to let you know that my painting “Koileidescope” which I entered into a juried show last week, won third place. I’m very pleased. I tell myself this stuff isn’t important, “I enter to have my work on display with other artists of high regard”. This is true, but to be recognized by your peers for something you created is a wonderful experience. The show was really well done, all of the art was very good and I was happy just to get into the show(there were over 80 pieces of art selected) . My other painting, “Zoltan’s Palette” did not win an award but looked great and I was very proud.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Congratulations on the Koi painting! It really was a colorful array of fish, full of motion. I can see why it won an award.

Cheryl Aguilar said...

Shanti this is a lovely piece,i love the perspectiveand the colors,it's breath taking!! great job! Cheryl