Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Winter Grass A painting A day





I know today is a very busy day for most people but crazy as it may seem its pretty slow for me. I guess everyone is traveling or out buying food for thanksgiving. Anyway, its been raining non -stop here for 36 hours. The dogs are hunkered down and pretty much sleeping. I have two paintings going. Which makes me happy. I won’t paint tomorrow, so I’ll have one painting ready to post on Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving is always a good day for eating, Oh yeah, that reminds me, I gotta run to the store for some tagamet. We're having Cajhun deep fried turkey and all the trimmings. I’m no cook so we’re buying the turkey this year. The last time I tried to fry a turkey, it was black on the outside, burnt to a crisp! We still ate it. Everyone said it was great. Don’t you love friends? They’ll eat a burn’t turkey and still give you kudos. This year, I am just making the side dishes of mash potatoes, peas and ambrosia. I think I am safe making those dishes.My friend Karen is bringing gingered yams and pumpkin pie oh and of course, a bottle of wine. A little bread maybe some stuffing and we pretty much have a meal.

About my painting for today. Its rather gray outside, and I thought I would paint a gray kinda painting. But I always like to put some warmth into most of my paintings so I made the grass a warm raw sienna.
Once again I have no title but I’ll call it “winter grass” for now.

2 comments:

Marion said...

Sounds like a great meal...cozy and just right for a cold winter's day.

Your painting is awesome. The grasses make it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I thought that the grasses might be too much.

Shanti