Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Storm over the Horizon - A Painting a day- Shanti Marie

Storm over the Horizon
matt cutting

This is my mat cutting and shipping area. First the paintings are weighed down over night and made totally flat, then the mats are cut, then they are backed and placed in a plastic envelopes. Next they are sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard and finally into the mail envelope. It a long process and is part of being an Artist. I wish I could turn this over to someone else, but there isn’t enought profit to hire this work out. It takes so long for me to get this done, sometimes I have to spend two days a week getting all the paintings ready to go. Some go to The Art league where I have an area to hang work and to show a series of paintings. Others are stored for possible sale on E bay Usually in the flat file. Then there are the few that are framed. These are special and they go into shows or into a gallery. You can see in the photo above, that I work in a series when painting the larger works. Usually two or three paintings from each idea becomes a series, but some ideas like the koi series may never end. I find them to be fasinating subjects and constantly evolving. Tomorrow, I have to rush back from Reliegh NC ( about 3 hours away)to get my daily painting in before the deadline. I’ll paint it tonight. I’m very excited. I’m going to see the Monet’s

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I love the storm painting. I think it's because you usually don't see so much brown in a painting of storms.

I can't get over how neat your area is. I'm glad you can't see the messy place I do my online sales business in! LOL