Monday, November 06, 2006

Day Dream - A Painting A Day



“Artists can mire and sink into the muck of mediocrity.”


I don’t know who wrote this, but when I read it this morning, I knew it was true. It’s one of my fears. But there isn’t a road map for artists. How do you step out of the muck?

Especially painting a painting a day.

Some people don’t get abstracts. they ask me why I paint them. I’ll tell you why; because when you’ve painted everything from salt shakers to out houses, you need a change. You need to handle the elements in their strictest from.
Without representing anything in particular, it becomes bigger then the item your representing it’s all about line, color, value, balance, and much much more. Its for the sheer fun of holding a brush in your hand and allowing your intuitive self a moment to paint.
Just allowing yourself to day dream. thats why this piece is called "Day dream."

This painting is 11.5 by 15 inches on 140 lb 100 % cotton watercolor paper and matted in a double white mat which will fit into a 16 by 20 frame. It sells for $100.00

e maill me at shantmarie@aol.com

No comments: