Monday, June 04, 2007

ACEO Carolina Treetops

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have been painting a lot of these(ACEOs)lately, I like painting these little paintings but I have also been very busy making a collage and doing some other art projects. These small paintings can be finished in an hour or so and give me time to work on larger paintings. I find I will try anything on these little paintings and I'm much less reserved about my subject matter. In fact, I have some that I haven't posted because I didn't think they would be of interest, either they are rather morbid, dark or I may have pushed one tweak to far to be considered a good painting. I do experiment with them a bit more than larger paintings. I have learned a lot about my painting likes and dislikes. I have also use them to explore abstract design. The smaller size forces me to consider the importance of every stroke.

I painted four or five yesterday and I decided to put this one up today. I have also been painting the backs of each. Some have birds, others a Gecko another has a dragon fly... Maybe I'll make a stamp and begin stamping them all the same. I think I'll do that.

No comments: