Saturday, June 02, 2007

My Box of Tricks

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis is a mixed media piece …watercolor, ink, and acrylic on hot press 140 lb paper. 11 by 15 I might take another picture because it is after ten PM and I usually take the photos outside when its daylight. This seems a tad dark. $140.00 The reason for the name is a simple one, I was teaching watercolor texture techniques today and This was the start from that class. It has almost all the techniques I use to create texture. When I teach, I have a old candy box with all kinds of stuff tucked away inside. Atomizer, drafting tape, splatter screen, dots, carpet tape and much much more. I use these things to create texture in watercolor. I wasn’t going to actually make this into a painting but when I got home I knew I could save it… so here it is. Maybe I’ll take a photo of my box of tricks so you can see all my trinkets for texture.

No comments: