Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Watercolor and tissue paper collage

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I made all this paper and then cut or tore it according to how I wanted it to look. I love the look of watercolor paints on tissue paper. It almost looks like stained glass. After I glued it all down and used a brayer to get it even, I spayed it with mat fixative so it will have consistent appearance.
I'm not sure what I'll call it. I have a great list of potential names for paintings somewhere. A while back I accumulated about 20 great titles, but now I need to go dig them out.

This is 11 by 11 inches and is mounted on Archival Mat board. All paints and papers are archival and 100% hand made. This would look great in a modern setting but could look nice in a traditional decor as well. This is for sale for $99.00, This took more than a day... more like two days but since I painted a bunch of ACEOs in between, I figure it still counts. The prep work took a long time and that doesn't really count.

No comments: