Thursday, June 07, 2007

Chubbs ACEO

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today in our art league painting session all of us were talking ACEO's and everyone is very interested in making them. My Friend Nance has been making these great Collage ACEOs which I may try to show you some time. I went home & decided to do a little pen and Ink with watercolor ACEO. I didn't have much time to get anything together and as I got out my paints.. My cat was sitting on the window, she instantly became the subject.

Chubbs is a special cat and I have many many drawings of chubbs but only a few actual paintings. I think its because she is really a beautiful cat and I can't do her justice. Looking at her from the back she looks like just any old cat. She always reminds me of a bowling pin. It makes me laugh! She weighs only nine pounds so the name doesn't actually fit any more. The thing is...when we named her, she was a very fat kitten but we found at least two of the pounds are just fur. She is one huge fluff ball.
She sits at the Window like so many cats and watches the birds at the feeder or in the bird bath which is just outside the glass. She is ten years old now and I love the fact that I have many good memories with her. I love dogs and have three but there is only one Chubbs.

She is actually a black and white rag doll kitty but from the back you would never know. Her trademark is a little Hitler mustache.

I hope you like this little ACEO, its for sale for $15.00 + 1.50
Shantmarie@aol.com if interested.

No comments: