Friday, March 23, 2007

Dutch Iris a painting a day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This small 11 by 15 inch painting is a result of several forgotten bulbs which came up in my compost pile. I guess when we cleaned up the flower beds, we threw away a few bulbs. Not to be denied,these little fellows sprung up. I painted them loosely and mostly wet into wet just to give them that wild look. I was told once by Don Andrews not to paint just from nature but to rearrange nature to create something even more special. Here you don't see the old leaves and dead breaches sticking out of the compost pile, just the three beautiful flowers and I added a little more greenery to round out the painting. I hope you enjoy it and if you like it, its for sale for $100.00 Shantmarie@aol.com contact me for buying information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This may be my latest favorite of yours. Extremely well done! I love your negative work as well as the positive!

Pat