Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Field and Stream - a painting a day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThis 11 by 15 painting was a conglomeration of techniques. I used mastic in the upper left tree area, I painted in wet into wet in the stream of water, used a palate knife on the birch trees and of course scratched out some grasses. I also incorporated some negative painting in the tree trunks on the left side. Last but not least there is some splatter done on the ground. I don’t usually try to use so many tricks of the trade but thought it would be fun to have one painting with so many different techniques utilized.
This is for sale for $100.00 matted.

1 comment:

Trine said...

I relaly found it interesting that you used so many different techniques in one painting. Thanks for the explanation. I wondered though what mastic was. Trine