Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Yellow trees - a landscape painting a day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Yellow trees is a beautiful painting! The size is 15 by18 inches and is for sale for 150.00 its on 300 lb paper. I will be glad to ship it to you anywhere in the US for $5.50.

Atist stuff...

I have been re wording my "Artist's Statement" and any of you who are Artists know how difficult it can be at times to write about yourself and your work. I have been working with a group of artists who are getting together for the benefit of all to market our work and ourselves better.

The first thing we all had to do was; write a ten second introduction as if we just met someone on the elevator. My Introduction was actually easy. Hi I'm Shanti Marie an artist who has made a commitment to paint a painting a day for 365 days and I am on #211.

Now, we move to step 2... We have to rewrite our artist statement in less then 250 words ( give or take a few words). Mine is a little too vague. (if you wish to see it, its on my web site at http://www.shantimarie.com/) My instructions are to tell the person in writing what my paintings look like or what to expect my painting might look like and my approach. I'll let you know how it comes out.
Most of the other's in my group wrote things like: I paint in mixed media, mostly non-objective works with an occasional image. I use color, texture and line to define my ideas which usually allows the viewer some space to bring their own ideas to the piece and complete the painting.

Well that's not me, so I am not going to use that. Obviously my work is more realistic, but not so much that you would consider it 100 realistic. I'll let you know what I come up with.. I've read so many artist statements lately, looking at each, but most are way too long. I realize mine is probably a little long and too vague.

No comments: