Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Walk a painting a Day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had some email from a gentleman who noticed I never put people in my paintings and I thought it was odd that he would want a painting with people in it. I guess its how you see the painting. I see it as if I'm looking at it thru a window or a camera lens. My perspective is to enjoy the natural setting without man's intrusion. I love the scenes without people because I'm not much of a people person. I like things unspoiled and as they were before condos and high rises were built over every square inch. When I think of a wonderful scene I never think of it with people. i just see the trees, mountains lakes or whatever. This is another reason I don't paint many city scenes. Not that I don't enjoy them, but I live in an area that is near a lake and is wooded. That tends to be my inspiration. I only paint beaches once in awhile even thought I get many requests for them. I paint what I know and love. I put a small dog in this scene because if your going to go for a walk you should always bring your best friend.

No comments: