Saturday, March 10, 2007

Fantasy Forest

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a half sheet of watercolor paper and is 300 lb. It is for sale for $400.00. I put it up today because I’m still working on my smaller painting but wanted to make sure something new was on the blog. I went to my life drawing session this morning and we had two models. It was very interesting and difficult to get two models proportionally correct within 20 minutes. If you get a chance you should drop in to a life drawing session. Usually most cities have them and you pay as you go. Ours is only ten dollars and this pretty much pays for the model and a little extra goes to the building we use for the two hours. If I ever get a decent drawing of both models I will post it, right now it seems like one is always good but the other is not finished or not proportionally correct to the first. I think I’m rushing it a bit and this is making my work too tight. I am used to drawing one person in twenty minutes but not two. I’ll get it soon. I think the next time I will place dots or marks on my paper… like top of the head middle of the chest, the knee and then say the ankle this way I can be sure that the proportions are right.

No comments: