Sunday, August 10, 2008


9 by 7 watercolor on paper $50.00
I’ve been wanting it to rain because we are in a pretty bad drought and the trees really need it. I was on my usual walk around Mc Dowell park and many of the trees are losing their leaves already and some have gone brown or yellow. The creek near the handicapped trail is almost dry and it looks worse than last year. I don’t want a torrential rain, but a nice slow rain would be nice… I guess I’ll put my order in… never know unless you ask.
Mushrooms always pop up after a rain and its fun to get out and see whats growing in the woods.
Water Saving Tip : Repair dripping faucets by replacing washers. If your faucet is dripping at the rate of one drop per second, you can expect to waste 2,700 gallons per year which will add to the cost of water and sewer utilities, or strain your septic system.

No comments: