Friday, September 08, 2006

Blue Anemone -A painting a day




















This painting reminds me that rules can be broken. I'm speaking as an artist who knows your not supposed to place anything interesting on the edge of a painting and you should avoid crosses or X' s whenever possible. I like this composition and I think both of those things fit this painting.
I actually like that it really is a painting of one flower but since you see the edge of two others, it seems as though it is a painting of three flowers. The size is 8 by 10 and is painted on white 140 lb watercolor paper.

2 comments:

Pirate said...

Good art often breaks the rules. Art doesn't have a good home in compliance.

Gayle Wheatley said...

This is beautiful. I love the delicate vibe of the petals, as well as the composition.