Thursday, September 28, 2006

The silly or stupid things people have said to me while watching me paint or why most people don't paint in public. A Painting A Day

I know it smaltzy but I love dogs!














Size is 12 by 16 - Watercolor on arches 140 Lb paper.
On with the list.....
You can picture me sitting under my umbrella, painting, while looking out over a lake scene ( at a public boat ramp or park) with people stopping by to make these comments.

#1. Wow that’s cool, what is it?

#2. You paint? My (fill in blank here… with) brother, father, mother cousin etc.. paints too, but their really good.

#3 So, how much do you charge for a painting of this size? That much?

#4 How long does it usually take you to paint a painting? (I’m thinking, not as long as when people don’t bother me).

#5 You know what would be good in that painting, (pick one) A deer, a house, a hunter, seashells, fishing pole…Etc.. You get the idea. You can’t believe the suggestions!

#6 I’d love to have a painting like this, but could you change (insert any of these) :color, size, format, subject matter, or all of the above.

#7 What in the world are you doing out here?

#8 I paint once in awhile, but I do real paintings, u know, oil?

#9 So, what is this called? Water-color, yeah we learned to do that in grade school.

#10 Man you’re great, you should have your stuff on QVC. (my favorite)

#11 The name for this painting should be ___________________ The answer can be anything they dream up, then they act affronted when I don’t readily agree.

#12 Are you an Artist or do you just paint? ( I would hope the work speaks for itself)

I put these comments on my blog just for fun; don’t ever let people influence you not to paint. If you have any of your own silly statements, send them in as comments, I’ll be glad to post them.

4 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

life just a good

Christina said...

I like the lists that you add, they're good for a giggle.

Anonymous said...

That dog is cute... are u a professional.... what do you charge for the pic...thanks

Shanti Marie said...

If you just want to use one of my paintings for a post or something on your website, you may do so. I assume you know how to capture any image on the internet. If your looking to buy the actual painting I'll have to check the price. The Beagle ( beagle Love)is really an expressive painting. I am a professional artist and dispay many of my larger paintings in galleries. I'am painting these smaller paintings as a way for folks to collect some "real " art and be able to afford it!