Sunday, September 03, 2006

Little Koi




















Koi are a great subject and I have painted many. I did an entire series or large paintings of Koi. I did them using the saturated wet technique, direct painting and wet and wet. They look great no matter what the style. This little koi was painted in a direct, dry style and is on a plain white background. It measures 12 by 15. The great thing about this painting is it looks great both ways portrait or landscape. P.S. I put up my little library table so I can do these small paintings and as we are waiting for all moisture to evaporate, my larger work will be put on hold. I'll try to put up a photo of my set up. It works really well. I have three small paintings, drying now with just an under painting on each.

2 comments:

ANDREW TAYLOR said...

Lovely fish!

rob ijbema said...

this looks great
brightly colored but still in harmony!