Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hurricane Katrina Remembered















I have been seeing a lot of coverage on TV about Hurricane Katrina. I'm guessing this is why this little painting surfaced. Often if I paint without a plan or a drawing and allow my right brain to have its way, these painting emerge. I'm no phyciatrist but I would say these things effect us more than we realize and when painting without a drawing, or a plan, we allow whatever is in us to come forth. Usually I don't even know what it is I'm painting till I'm almost finished. Usually like a light bulb coming on, I see it and then I realize what it is.
I really like the colors in this piece and the abstract quality of the shapes.
This painting is an 1/8 sheet (8" by 10") of watercolor paper and will available for $45.00

I 'm still working on my postcard paintings and have one on the table now. No cows in sight unless they are stolling on the beach in the moonlight, Haha.

No comments: