Monday, September 18, 2006

A Head cold- painting while sick - a painting a day

I hope to get a painting done today, but the reality is that I may not. I have a head cold and I’m sitting here breathing through of my mouth while hoping that my ears will clear up. It feels as if I’m under water.
I visited the Library last week because I had a request from my daughter to paint a water Lilly or a lotusfor her. I’m not sure what the difference is yet but perhaps this book will tell me.
The lotus or water lillie is a symbol like the Phoenix, of rising above from the depths of muck to proclaim that they will not be held down. They are both survivors. I guess this is why so many people choose them for tattos.
After looking at all the lillies I', awe struck, they are all spectacular and I can see why the impressionists and Monet in particular would paint them over and over. I will paint the white one, but they come in just about every color.
I wish I could find them around here. While driving about, I have seen( from the road) Lillie pads on ponds but usually they are lacking in flowers.

1 comment:

Todd Bonita said...

Thanks for the kind words on my painting. Your stuff looks great, very prolific. I hope you feel better.

Best,

Todd